Tuesday, October 6, 2009

mY aCtIViTYy In LiFeTiMe








Everyone have their own activity during the lifetime. Same goes to me. I love to play game during this period of time. There are many activities that we can do. For instance, reading story book, listening to music, and watching the television. For me, I prefer to play Congkak. It is one of the traditional games. Congkak is believed to originate from the word ‘congak’ which in old Malay Language means count. It is believed that the game originated in Malacca Kingdom where it became very popular and spread to the South East Asia region. This spread was due to the many travelers who visited the kingdom because it was a trading city. The Congkak board has fourteen holes in two sets of seven, plus an additional store for each player. Each player controls the seven holes on their side of the board, and their score is the number of seeds in their left-hand store. The pieces are 98 undifferentiated seeds. I will enjoy this game with my youngest sister and sometimes, with my mother.

1 comments:

Mufidah said...

congkak is a traditional games right??
in my village, the children there are like to play this games too. it sometimes will train our brain right??but wait a minute, sometimes, adult also will join to this games..
it not make us feel bored..